Monday 4 April 2011

Introduction


Throughout this project I will create a sports inspired fashion garment. To gather inspiration I will collate a range of primary research. This will be gathered from several visits to sports related shops and venues. As well as using primary research, I will also use secondary research to find designer references and extra information about different types of sports, and the history behind them. When making my final garment I will take inspiration from my chosen sport. To help develop design ideas I will use methods such as cutting old sports clothing and remodelling them on the stand, also using sports equipment to create lines and patterns which will develop into design ideas. When it comes to constructing my final garment I will explore effective zip fastenings, creative seaming, piping and drawstring/panelling. This will make my garment detailed and interesting as well as textured. Throughout this project I will look at designers such as Thom Browne, Jeremy Scott and Fred Perry. I will also look at special sports wear collections designed by fashion designers such as Marc Jacob’s collection for Vans and Alexander Mcqueens collection for Puma. These designer references will help inspire my garment to be current and suitable for the ready to wear brief. After researching a wide range of sports I will choose a specific sport to research in more detail, I will then use this to inspire my final garment. I will look at everything from the equipment used to the venues it’s played in and hopefully create a successful garment inspired by sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment