Thursday 15 March 2012

FMP Proposal

'I know why the caged bird sings' This is the title to my final major project. I have decided to create an interior textiles based outcome for this project as i am looking into studying textiles within interiors in the future and would like a career within this. To achieve the best out of my qualification i am targetting units which i can improve which will then make my overall grade at the end of the year higher. I have chosen to target unit 119 (print design) this will be covered by the textiles side of my project as i am going to design and create my own printed fabric. I will also target unit 10 (design principles), to cover this unit i will need to look into how my designs are sustainable, functional and how they effect the environment e.c.t. I will try to create my final piece sustainably or design it in a sustainable way and also a non sustainable way as it might not be possible for me to create it completely sustainably. I will also cover unit 6 which is the FMP unit.
I am going to design and make bedding consisting of a single duvet cover, two pillow covers and two cushion covers. I will be creating the printed fabric which i will make these out of using my primary research to draw from and develope print designs. I will also use secondary research and designer references to influence the composition of my print and the position of it on my bedding. I would like to print my final design using digital printing to give a realistic and graphic effect but i will explore other printing methods to analyse the outcomes.
As our final major projects will be on display i am going to display mine statically in a realistic way. I would like to have a room layed out like a bedroom with a bed, chair and table in it. This will show my designs are functional and will show off the prints better. I will style this room in antique/old and broken way to match the story behind my FMP. I want people to look at the room and understand the concept of my designs and where they came from, therefore i want to display a bird in a cage to represent my inspiration and where my thoughts originated from. I would also like to scatter flower petals to represent the hope and freedom within the story.
To carry out this project i am going to use a sketchbook to record my thought processes and journey to my final designs, i will also use a additonal sketchbook to hold textile samples. To achieve this project i will need to follow my project timetable and use my time wisely to get everything done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment